Our research shows that 70% of healthcare employees are not fully engaged in their organizations and that strong links exist between employee perceptions of their workplace and the patient satisfaction scores their organizations receive on CAHPS surveys. Clearly, attracting and supporting an engaged employee population is critical for successful healthcare organizations.
Our Senior Consultant for Employee Engagement, Connie Saunders, offers her expert perspectives in this data-fueled discussion on driving healthcare employee engagement through thoughtful recruitment and retention. Our informational webinar details interview approaches that support hiring for engagement and strategies for retaining valuable employees. In addition, the session covers:
- Common characteristics of engaged and unengaged employees.
- The impact of unengaged staff on organizations and employers.
- Variations in engagement motivations among different generations.
- Tips for recruiting and selecting candidates based on engagement-related work samples.
- Behavior-based interview techniques and sample interview questions.
Also discussed are actions leaders can take to to contribute to effective onboarding processes and highlight the function of employee surveys, including “stay” surveys, to assess workplace health and illuminate ongoing drivers of engagement in healthcare settings.